The Textbook of Rabbit Medicine second edition is the completely revised and updated new edition of Frances Harcourt Brown’s acclaimed text covering all aspects of rabbit medicine. While the authoritative and evidence-based approach that made the original book so successful has been retained, in this new second edition well-known rabbit expert Molly Varga adds a stronger clinical focus that makes the Textbook invaluable as a point-of-care resource as well as a respected reference. With many additional features introduced for this update, the Textbook of Rabbit Medicine second edition remains the definitive and comprehensive reference of choice for all veterinary practitioners seeking information on the pet rabbit.
- Comprehensive, in-depth and authoritative coverage of the health and diseases of the domestic rabbit
- Detailed and explicit line artwork provides a clear understanding of physiological processes
- A practical, evidence-based resource for the effective treatment of pet rabbits.
- Entire text reviewed and updated by a leading expert, with major revision of therapeutics, anaesthesia, abscesses and neurology chapters.
- New clinical emphasis with clinical tips boxes throughout the text increase its practical focus
- Ancillary website presents clips of key procedures, an image library and podcasts
- Completely redesigned with more user-friendly text layout and full colour throughout.
- Many more illustrations specially commissioned for this edition
Recognize, diagnose, and manage a vast range of common and important ocular conditions with the latest edition of this trusted reference. Extensively revised and updated by a team of internationally respected contributors, this edition provides a comprehensive, yet practically oriented, diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease, covering structure and function, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, pharmacology, and emergency management for a wide variety of small and large animal species.
- Clinical focus addresses vital information for evaluating, diagnosing, managing, and monitoring patients.
- Logical organization based on anatomic region makes information easy to locate.
- Fully updated diagnostic methods, pharmacologic therapies, and surgical procedures help you provide the most current, effective care.
- Extensively updated content reflects the clinical expertise of three new, internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists.
- Full-color format with nearly 1000 photographic images and step-by-step, illustrated procedures helps you recognize, diagnose and treat ocular conditions medically and surgically.
- A new chapter on the ophthalmology of birds and other exotic species provides expert guidance in the care of these increasingly popular companion species.
- A new chapter on ocular manifestations of systemic disease in large and small animals helps you utilize the ophthalmologic examination to more accurately diagnose and treat diseases and disorders affecting other body systems.
- Hardcover format adds durability for frequent reference.