The Oxford Textbook of Medicine: Infection is selected from the infection section of the renowned Oxford Textbook of Medicine, Fifth Edition. The book is an authoritative resource on infectious diseases. Comprehensive in its coverage and beautifully illustrated in full colour, it is an essential guide to the present-day management and prevention of a wide variety of infectious diseases. Covering diseases that are both familiar and tropical as well as those that continue to emerge, medical professionals will find it immensely valuable when diagnosing and preventing infection in their day-to-day practice. In 121 chapters, experts in infectious diseases from across the world review the essentials of current infectious disease practice and provide a wealth of practical advice that medical professionals can use in clinical situations. In addition, background information on epidemiology, pathogenesis and pathophysiology encourages a fuller understanding of conditions, and over 250 full colour images help with diagnosis when treating patients. A commanding discussion of infectious diseases from both Western and tropical countries, the Oxford Textbook of Medicine: Infection provides detailed information on a extensive range of viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa and helminths. Vast in scope and truly global in reach, chapters span a variety of topics including, pathogenic microorganisms and the host, the patient with suspected infection, travel and expedition medicine, and non-venomous arthropods. They reflect the globalization of disease that has resulted from the unprecedented increase in international travel and immigration, as well as natural/man-made disasters that demand massive international aid efforts. This up-to-date and essential reference tool, supports all medical professionals in the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases. It will be of particular value to clinicians working in, or seeing patients from the developing world, due to the wide range of pathogens discussed. It also supports those taking diploma courses in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, and HIV medicine. No infectious disease specialist or trainee should be without a copy of this definitive resource.
Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Disease provides the comprehensive and actionable coverage you need to understand, diagnose, and manage the ever-changing, high-risk clinical problems caused by pediatric infectious diseases. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, and increased worldwide perspectives, this authoritative medical reference offers the latest need-to-know information in an easily-accessible, high-yield format for quick answers and fast, effective intervention!
- Spend less time searching thanks to a consistent, easily-accessible format featuring revised high-yield information boxes, highlighted key points, and an abundance of detailed illustrations and at-a-glance tables.
- Be prepared for the unexpected! A veritable “who’s who” of global authorities provides practical knowledge to effectively diagnose and manage almost any infectious disease you may encounter.
- Quickly look up the answers you need by clinical presentation, pathogen, or type of host.
- Get expanded coverage for all types of infectious diseases including new chapters on infection related to pets and exotic animals, and tickborne infections.
- Apply the latest recommendations and treatments for emerging and re-emerging diseases including the H1N1 virus.