NMS Medicine, Seventh Edition is the ideal reference and review text for medical students in the internal medicine clerkship. The book provides medical students with a comprehensive and meticulously organized review of internal medicine and USMLE-style questions and case studies to reinforce key topics and concepts. Features include 500 USMLE-style questions in vignette format for self-study and assessment, a comprehensive exam, and a convenient outline format.
The perfect tool for course review and exam preparation! This brand-new resource is a companion to Dr. Murray’s best-selling Medical Microbiology, 5th Edition. It features more than 550 USMLE-style questions, with answers and rationales that examine bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology. Like its parent text, this review guide focuses on how microbes cause disease in humans and emphasizes facts vital to clinical practice. Readers will find the latest knowledge and advances in the field … page references to the 5th Edition … and full-color illustrations.
- Makes an excellent study tool for the microbiology portion of the USMLE Step 1 exam.
- Presents questions in the USMLE style to familiarize readers with the exam format.
- Includes correct answers for every questions, plus rationales that explain why those answers are correct.
- Features page references to the main text for each answer, making more information easy to find.
- Integrates 70 color illustrations that demonstrate complex concepts and the appearance of disease.
- Considers etiology, epidemiology, host defenses, identification, diagnosis, prevention, and control for a broad range of pathogens.
Featuring a uniquely visual two-page-spread design that is great for rapid reference or review, In A Page Infectious Disease provides a quick overview of the most commonly seen infectious diseases. Each disease is presented on a two-page spread in boxes with consistent headings: introduction; etiology, epidemiology, and risk factors; patient presentation; differential diagnosis; diagnostic evaluation; treatment and management; and prognosis and complications. Bulleted key points appear under each heading. An appendix briefly reviews antibiotics.
This pocket-sized book is ideal for interns, medical students in internal medicine rotations, or USMLE review, as well as for physician assistant and nurse practitioner students.