Atlas of Dermatology in Internal Medicine is the only concise text-atlas to cover the most common and most important cutaneous manifestations of systemic disease in children and adults. It features more than 150 clinical photographs that are accompanied by format-driven, clinically focused text on the diagnosis and management of cutaneous manifestations of connective tissue, pulmonary, renal, GI, endocrine, malignant, infectious, and HIV disease. There is also a separate chapter on skin diseases commonly seen in the ICU. A special feature is its systematic coverage of clinically relevant dermatopathology. The book is a helpful tool for physicians and trainees in internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, and critical care medicine, as well as family, emergency, and critical care nurse practitioners.
Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases is a comprehensive guide to the diagnosis and management of infectious diseases in children and adolescents.
Beginning with a general introduction and diagnosis, the following sections discuss different types of infections – systemic, bacterial, viral, protozoal, parasitic and fungal, and newly emerging diseases. A separate chapter is dedicated to vaccines and immunisation.
Written by a recognised author and editor team, which includes contributors from the USA and Switzerland, this practical textbook includes numerous clinical photographs, detailed illustrations and tables.
- Comprehensive guide to diagnosis and management of infectious diseases in children and adolescents
- Covers all types of infections
- Separate chapter on vaccines and immunisation
- Includes contributions from experts in the USA and Switzerland
- Features nearly 200 clinical photographs, illustrations and tables
After more than 75 years, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care. Embracing the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice, this classic reference provides the essential information that practitioners and other care providers involved in pediatric health care throughout the world need to understand to effectively address the enormous range of biologic, psychologic, and social problems that our children and youth may face. Brand-new chapters and comprehensive revisions throughout ensure that you have the most recent information on diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases based on the latest recommendations and methodologies.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based medicine and astute clinical experiences from leading international authors—many new to this edition.
- A NEW layout provides superior portability and exceptional ease of use.
- Gain a more complete perspective. Along with a broader emphasis on imaging and molecular diagnoses and updated references, the new edition includes an increased focus on international issues to ensure relevance in pediatrics practice throughout the world.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with complete updates throughout 35 new chapters, including: Innovations in Addressing Child Health and Survival in Low Income Settings; Developmental Domains and Theories of Cognition; The Reggio Emilia Educational Approach Catatonia ; Refeeding Syndrome; Altitude-associated Illness; Genetic Approaches to Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases; Healthcare-Associated Infections; Intrapartum and Peripartum Infections; Bath salts and other drugs of abuse; Small Fiber Polyneuropathy; Microbiome; Kingella kingae; Mitochondrial Neurogastrointestinal Encephalomyopathy; Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease; Plagiocephaly; CNS Vasculitis; Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture; and Sports-Related Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Recognize, diagnose, and manage genetic and acquired conditions more effectively. A new Rehabilitation section with 10 new chapters, including: Evaluation of the Child for Rehabilitative Services; Severe Traumatic Brain Injury; Spinal Cord Injury and Autonomic Crisis Management; Spasticity; Birth Brachial Plexus Palsy; Traumatic and Sports-Related Injuries; Meningomyelocele; Health and Wellness for Children with Disabilities.
- Manage the transition to adult healthcare for children with chronic diseases through discussions of the overall health needs of patients with congenital heart defects, diabetes, and cystic fibrosis.
- Understand the principles of therapy and which drugs and dosages to prescribe for every disease.
Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Disease provides the comprehensive and actionable coverage you need to understand, diagnose, and manage the ever-changing, high-risk clinical problems caused by pediatric infectious diseases. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, and increased worldwide perspectives, this authoritative medical reference offers the latest need-to-know information in an easily-accessible, high-yield format for quick answers and fast, effective intervention!
- Spend less time searching thanks to a consistent, easily-accessible format featuring revised high-yield information boxes, highlighted key points, and an abundance of detailed illustrations and at-a-glance tables.
- Be prepared for the unexpected! A veritable “who’s who” of global authorities provides practical knowledge to effectively diagnose and manage almost any infectious disease you may encounter.
- Quickly look up the answers you need by clinical presentation, pathogen, or type of host.
- Get expanded coverage for all types of infectious diseases including new chapters on infection related to pets and exotic animals, and tickborne infections.
- Apply the latest recommendations and treatments for emerging and re-emerging diseases including the H1N1 virus.