Atlas of Dermatology in Internal Medicine is the only concise text-atlas to cover the most common and most important cutaneous manifestations of systemic disease in children and adults. It features more than 150 clinical photographs that are accompanied by format-driven, clinically focused text on the diagnosis and management of cutaneous manifestations of connective tissue, pulmonary, renal, GI, endocrine, malignant, infectious, and HIV disease. There is also a separate chapter on skin diseases commonly seen in the ICU. A special feature is its systematic coverage of clinically relevant dermatopathology. The book is a helpful tool for physicians and trainees in internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, and critical care medicine, as well as family, emergency, and critical care nurse practitioners.
Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases is a comprehensive guide to the diagnosis and management of infectious diseases in children and adolescents.
Beginning with a general introduction and diagnosis, the following sections discuss different types of infections – systemic, bacterial, viral, protozoal, parasitic and fungal, and newly emerging diseases. A separate chapter is dedicated to vaccines and immunisation.
Written by a recognised author and editor team, which includes contributors from the USA and Switzerland, this practical textbook includes numerous clinical photographs, detailed illustrations and tables.
- Comprehensive guide to diagnosis and management of infectious diseases in children and adolescents
- Covers all types of infections
- Separate chapter on vaccines and immunisation
- Includes contributions from experts in the USA and Switzerland
- Features nearly 200 clinical photographs, illustrations and tables
As chairman of the European Association of Nuclear Medi cine (EANM) 2001 annual meeting, I tried to reach two goals: a “universal nuclear medicine” congress where all people could speak and learn using the same language, and a full exploration of the possibility of making a diagnosis through global imaging. I am personally convinced that nuclear med icine techniques in the detection of infection and inflamma tion are essential, and in the near future their role and clinical impact will be impressive. As stated during the meeting, this topic will be one of the major and expanding fields of interest for nuclear medicine. During the post-congress meetings organized in Capri by Alberto Signore and Mauro Liberatore for each topic, there was a leading expert for the clinical, radiological and nuclear medicine aspects. This interaction was crucial for the quality of the discussion and the definition of flow charts that will be useful for all the medical community. These meetings, where for each topic there is full coverage of all the aspects of imaging, are, in my opinion, the most fruitful and useful for the progression and diffusion of nu clear medicine procedures. May 2002 Prof. Marco Salvatore Chairman of the EANM Congress 2001 Some 35 years ago, a French singer sold millions of records with a song, trying to tell the world “Capri c’est fini” – Capri is over.
Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Disease provides the comprehensive and actionable coverage you need to understand, diagnose, and manage the ever-changing, high-risk clinical problems caused by pediatric infectious diseases. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, and increased worldwide perspectives, this authoritative medical reference offers the latest need-to-know information in an easily-accessible, high-yield format for quick answers and fast, effective intervention!
- Spend less time searching thanks to a consistent, easily-accessible format featuring revised high-yield information boxes, highlighted key points, and an abundance of detailed illustrations and at-a-glance tables.
- Be prepared for the unexpected! A veritable “who’s who” of global authorities provides practical knowledge to effectively diagnose and manage almost any infectious disease you may encounter.
- Quickly look up the answers you need by clinical presentation, pathogen, or type of host.
- Get expanded coverage for all types of infectious diseases including new chapters on infection related to pets and exotic animals, and tickborne infections.
- Apply the latest recommendations and treatments for emerging and re-emerging diseases including the H1N1 virus.