The Textbook of Rabbit Medicine second edition is the completely revised and updated new edition of Frances Harcourt Brown’s acclaimed text covering all aspects of rabbit medicine. While the authoritative and evidence-based approach that made the original book so successful has been retained, in this new second edition well-known rabbit expert Molly Varga adds a stronger clinical focus that makes the Textbook invaluable as a point-of-care resource as well as a respected reference. With many additional features introduced for this update, the Textbook of Rabbit Medicine second edition remains the definitive and comprehensive reference of choice for all veterinary practitioners seeking information on the pet rabbit.
- Comprehensive, in-depth and authoritative coverage of the health and diseases of the domestic rabbit
- Detailed and explicit line artwork provides a clear understanding of physiological processes
- A practical, evidence-based resource for the effective treatment of pet rabbits.
- Entire text reviewed and updated by a leading expert, with major revision of therapeutics, anaesthesia, abscesses and neurology chapters.
- New clinical emphasis with clinical tips boxes throughout the text increase its practical focus
- Ancillary website presents clips of key procedures, an image library and podcasts
- Completely redesigned with more user-friendly text layout and full colour throughout.
- Many more illustrations specially commissioned for this edition
Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases is a comprehensive guide to the diagnosis and management of infectious diseases in children and adolescents.
Beginning with a general introduction and diagnosis, the following sections discuss different types of infections – systemic, bacterial, viral, protozoal, parasitic and fungal, and newly emerging diseases. A separate chapter is dedicated to vaccines and immunisation.
Written by a recognised author and editor team, which includes contributors from the USA and Switzerland, this practical textbook includes numerous clinical photographs, detailed illustrations and tables.
- Comprehensive guide to diagnosis and management of infectious diseases in children and adolescents
- Covers all types of infections
- Separate chapter on vaccines and immunisation
- Includes contributions from experts in the USA and Switzerland
- Features nearly 200 clinical photographs, illustrations and tables
Here’s an extremely handy pocket reference to assist the student, resident, house officer, and busy hospitalist address issues related to the 20 most common disorders seen in the inpatient setting. This brief, small-sized handbook offers you evidence-based information presented in an easy to reference, consistently presented outline and table format. Problem based for quick solutions in diagnosis and therapy in the limited timeframe typical of seeing patients on the wards.
- Provides a brief presentation of 20 most common inpatient disorders.
- Provides reliabile diagnosis and treatment options with evidence based recommodations.
- Handy, pocket book that takes up minimal pocket real estate.
As chairman of the European Association of Nuclear Medi cine (EANM) 2001 annual meeting, I tried to reach two goals: a “universal nuclear medicine” congress where all people could speak and learn using the same language, and a full exploration of the possibility of making a diagnosis through global imaging. I am personally convinced that nuclear med icine techniques in the detection of infection and inflamma tion are essential, and in the near future their role and clinical impact will be impressive. As stated during the meeting, this topic will be one of the major and expanding fields of interest for nuclear medicine. During the post-congress meetings organized in Capri by Alberto Signore and Mauro Liberatore for each topic, there was a leading expert for the clinical, radiological and nuclear medicine aspects. This interaction was crucial for the quality of the discussion and the definition of flow charts that will be useful for all the medical community. These meetings, where for each topic there is full coverage of all the aspects of imaging, are, in my opinion, the most fruitful and useful for the progression and diffusion of nu clear medicine procedures. May 2002 Prof. Marco Salvatore Chairman of the EANM Congress 2001 Some 35 years ago, a French singer sold millions of records with a song, trying to tell the world “Capri c’est fini” – Capri is over.
NMS Medicine, Seventh Edition is the ideal reference and review text for medical students in the internal medicine clerkship. The book provides medical students with a comprehensive and meticulously organized review of internal medicine and USMLE-style questions and case studies to reinforce key topics and concepts. Features include 500 USMLE-style questions in vignette format for self-study and assessment, a comprehensive exam, and a convenient outline format.
The 5-Minute Infectious Diseases Consult features the same two-page outline format that has distinguished other titles in the 5-Minute Consult series. Specialists in infectious disease, family practitioners, and residents will appreciate this first-line resource filled with clinical pearls on diagnosing and treating common and uncommon infectious diseases. Definitions, etiology, epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, laboratory/imaging/pathology, microbiology, differential diagnosis, management, prognosis, and follow-up are all presented in the fast-access format that has made the other 5-Minute titles so popular among busy clinicians.
After more than 75 years, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care. Embracing the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice, this classic reference provides the essential information that practitioners and other care providers involved in pediatric health care throughout the world need to understand to effectively address the enormous range of biologic, psychologic, and social problems that our children and youth may face. Brand-new chapters and comprehensive revisions throughout ensure that you have the most recent information on diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases based on the latest recommendations and methodologies.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based medicine and astute clinical experiences from leading international authors—many new to this edition.
- A NEW layout provides superior portability and exceptional ease of use.
- Gain a more complete perspective. Along with a broader emphasis on imaging and molecular diagnoses and updated references, the new edition includes an increased focus on international issues to ensure relevance in pediatrics practice throughout the world.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with complete updates throughout 35 new chapters, including: Innovations in Addressing Child Health and Survival in Low Income Settings; Developmental Domains and Theories of Cognition; The Reggio Emilia Educational Approach Catatonia ; Refeeding Syndrome; Altitude-associated Illness; Genetic Approaches to Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases; Healthcare-Associated Infections; Intrapartum and Peripartum Infections; Bath salts and other drugs of abuse; Small Fiber Polyneuropathy; Microbiome; Kingella kingae; Mitochondrial Neurogastrointestinal Encephalomyopathy; Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease; Plagiocephaly; CNS Vasculitis; Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture; and Sports-Related Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Recognize, diagnose, and manage genetic and acquired conditions more effectively. A new Rehabilitation section with 10 new chapters, including: Evaluation of the Child for Rehabilitative Services; Severe Traumatic Brain Injury; Spinal Cord Injury and Autonomic Crisis Management; Spasticity; Birth Brachial Plexus Palsy; Traumatic and Sports-Related Injuries; Meningomyelocele; Health and Wellness for Children with Disabilities.
This concise and popular introduction to medical microbiology and infection encapsulates the fundamental facts and principles of this rapidly growing and changing subject area. Written by experienced clinicians and teachers, it covers the basic concepts of medical microbiology, and the main human pathogens and infectious syndromes, in an accessible and lucid format.
This fully updated fourth edition is now supported by a companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/medicalmicrobiology containing extra self-assessment cases, colour slides, further reading, and key point summaries.
Medical Microbiology and Infection at a Glance is an invaluable revision aid for medical and allied health students and junior doctors, and is ideal for anyone seeking a comprehensive and concise guide to this subject area.