Recognize, diagnose, and manage a vast range of common and important ocular conditions with the latest edition of this trusted reference. Extensively revised and updated by a team of internationally respected contributors, this edition provides a comprehensive, yet practically oriented, diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease, covering structure and function, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, pharmacology, and emergency management for a wide variety of small and large animal species.
- Clinical focus addresses vital information for evaluating, diagnosing, managing, and monitoring patients.
- Logical organization based on anatomic region makes information easy to locate.
- Fully updated diagnostic methods, pharmacologic therapies, and surgical procedures help you provide the most current, effective care.
- Extensively updated content reflects the clinical expertise of three new, internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists.
- Full-color format with nearly 1000 photographic images and step-by-step, illustrated procedures helps you recognize, diagnose and treat ocular conditions medically and surgically.
- A new chapter on the ophthalmology of birds and other exotic species provides expert guidance in the care of these increasingly popular companion species.
- A new chapter on ocular manifestations of systemic disease in large and small animals helps you utilize the ophthalmologic examination to more accurately diagnose and treat diseases and disorders affecting other body systems.
- Hardcover format adds durability for frequent reference.
Coming August 2004:
The 16th Edition of “HARRISON’S PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE” THE NEW COLOR OF MEDICINE
HUNDREDS OF DIAGRAMS AND CLINICAL PHOTOS INTEGRATED INTO THE TEXT – FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FULL COLOR
*This description refers to the first volume of a two-volume set.
The “Harrison’s” name is synonymous with internal medicine. HPIM continues to be the most authoritative and #1 selling medical textbook throughout the world. From its unique section on signs and symptoms through to the most comprehensive coverage of most all conditions seen by physician’s, “Harrison’s” is the internal medicine reference of choice. “Harrison’s” 16th Edition features new, expanded, revised and updated material on the key topics in medical practice today. From the latest research findings to up-to-the-minute advances in diagnostic and treatment methodologies, “Harrison’s” puts the facts you need at your fingertips.
The 16th Edition improves on a winning formula with:
*State-of-the-art coverage of over 4,700 diseases and disorders–more than any other internal medicine text – in the areas of oncology and hematology; infectious diseases; cardiology; pulmonology; gastroenterology; clinical immunology; rheumatology; endocrinology; and neurology
*A brand new full color format–665 full color drawings, 175 clinical and laboratory images, and hundreds of boxes, tables, and algorithms that use color to guide you to the information you need ASAP in everyday patient care
*Thorough revision and updates of virtually all chapters
*The addition of key new chapters – including extensive new coverage of Critical Care Medicine
*145 algorithms for making accurate clinicaldecisions fast at the point of care
*1,160 easy-access tables for immediate access to vital information and formulas
*Cardinal manifestations of disease/signs and symptoms in 55 chapters (you’ll find yourself turning to this section over and over again). Here you will find all the major manifestations, such as fever, pain, aches and rash, presented in depth, with a referral that takes you to the disease section for the complete chapter.
Stay a step ahead of everyday practice with the most authoritative, comprehensive, and useful guide to the entire spectrum of internal medicine.
Now in its thoroughly revised, updated Fifth Edition, this handbook is a practical, easily accessible, and authoritative guide to the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. Leading experts present realistic clinical approaches to infectious disease problems seen in hospital and outpatient settings and offer up-to-the-minute advice on antimicrobial use–including specific recommendations on dosages, routes of administration, and duration of therapy. Chapters are written in a user-friendly outline format that is ideal for quick reference.This edition includes complete information on new diseases, new antibiotics, and HIV antiviral agents.
Gain fast, easy visual access to the problems most often encountered in practice! This resource combines hundreds of exquisite Netter images – including several new paintings created especially for this book – with concise summaries of the most current medical thinking on common diseases/conditions, diagnostics, treatments, and protocols – for a single easy-to-use quick-reference guide. Instructive and memorable Netter plates provide a rich visual understanding of every concept. The result is a superb source for ongoing clinical reference as well as patient and staff education.
- Offers quick access to expert medical thinking on common diseases/conditions, diagnostics, treatments, and protocols.
- Presents more than 500 exquisite illustrated plates by master illustrator Frank H. Netter and other artists working in the Netter tradition to enhance your understanding of the material.
- Presents nearly 40 new chapters, many expanded chapters, and several new images to reflect the state of internal medicine today-including increasingly common issues like bariatric surgery and posttraumatic stress syndrome.
- Offers more tables and algorithms for enhanced “at-a-glance” guidance.
- Features annotated citations for additional resources, including websites and other key sources for practice guidelines and patient education and support.
- Presents annotated evidence from key studies that have shaped the current standard of care.
Transplant Infections is a practical, clinically focused reference covering the common and more unusual bacterial, viral, and fungal infections affecting patients who have received stem cell or solid organ transplants. It provides a comprehensive review of the epidemiology, diagnosis, and management of opportunistic infections and presents strategies for infection prevention and control. Highlights of the Third Edition include a chapter on new immunosuppressive agents and expanded coverage of tropical infections and West Nile virus.
The perfect tool for course review and exam preparation! This brand-new resource is a companion to Dr. Murray’s best-selling Medical Microbiology, 5th Edition. It features more than 550 USMLE-style questions, with answers and rationales that examine bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology. Like its parent text, this review guide focuses on how microbes cause disease in humans and emphasizes facts vital to clinical practice. Readers will find the latest knowledge and advances in the field … page references to the 5th Edition … and full-color illustrations.
- Makes an excellent study tool for the microbiology portion of the USMLE Step 1 exam.
- Presents questions in the USMLE style to familiarize readers with the exam format.
- Includes correct answers for every questions, plus rationales that explain why those answers are correct.
- Features page references to the main text for each answer, making more information easy to find.
- Integrates 70 color illustrations that demonstrate complex concepts and the appearance of disease.
- Considers etiology, epidemiology, host defenses, identification, diagnosis, prevention, and control for a broad range of pathogens.
Medicine Recall is written primarily for third and fourth year medical students. It covers the core clinical specialty areas within internal medicine (Cardiology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Infectious Disease, Endocrinology, Allergy and Immunology, Rheumatology, Neurology, and Dermatology) as well as the role of the medical consultant. A special section on environmental medicine is included. This book is written in the rapid-fire question and answer format of the Recall series, with the question appearing on the left side of the page and the answer appearing on the right. Mnemonics are interspersed throughout.
This book offers health care providers and students a wide-ranging sou rce of information on infectious diseases, covering the recognition, d iagnosis, treatment, and prevention of many emerging and reemerging in fections. Designed for quick & easy access to pertinent material, the book examines basic principles of host defense and microbial virulence, hospital infection control, and laboratory tests[and discusses clini cal syndromes ranging from eye and respiratory tract infections to sex ually transmitted diseases. It includes comprehensive coverage of all major viral, bacterial, and fungal infections, plus discussions of spe cial patient populations such as those with AIDS and transplant recipi ents.